Orthopedic Trauma & Fractures
If you have been involved in an accident and suffered a broken bone or injuries to the musculoskeletal system, chances are you will be referred to an orthopedic specialist. At Meli Orthopedic Centers of Excellence (fka Orthopedix MD), in Fort Lauderdale and Margate, Florida, our orthopedic professionals are ready to help with your fracture or trauma needs.
Fractures and traumatic injuries need prompt attention by a specialist who knows how to respond in an emergency. Experience and in-depth knowledge of fracture care, including bone and soft tissue injuries, casting and bracing, surgery, and fracture healing, is necessary for the best results.
At Meli Orthopedic, we use surgical and nonsurgical procedures to repair injuries to the entire body after a trauma, including:
- Bones that have not healed (nonunions and malunions)
- Infected fractures and osteomyelitis
- Burns and lacerations
- Bone grafting
- Bone and joint transplantation
- Complex soft tissue reconstruction
When you come to see us at Meli Orthopedic, we’ll start with an X-ray to examine the fracture in detail. There are several types of fractures:
- Complete fracture: Bone is cleanly broken into separate pieces
- Partial fracture: Bone is cracked, but not completely broken
- Pediatric fracture: Bone is bowed but not broken
- Compound fracture: Multiple fractures
- Open fracture: Broken bone is penetrating the skin
Orthopedic Doctors in Ft. Lauderdale & Margate, FL
We can accommodate same-day appointments for orthopedic fractures and trauma with a physician referral. To schedule a consultation, contact Meli Orthopedic Centers of Excellence, formerly known as Orthopedix MD, right away. Call Meli Orthopedic in Fort Lauderdale at (954) 771-8177 or in Margate at (954) 580-4080. You can also request your appointment now.